In an exhaustive, 70-minute interview, a prominent analyst who has been closely tracking the global dollar shortage, Alhambra Partners' Jeffrey Snider sat down with Erik Townsend to explain - once again - why this is such a critical topic, even if it comes at a time of unprecedented global complacency (it's amazing what record high stock prices will do to concerns - or lack thereof - about the future).
As Snider puts it, while most other risk indicators imply smooth sailing, "there is 'something' weird going on" when it comes to dollar funding and global imbalances of the world's reserve currency, i.e., dollar shortage.
- In the interview, among the many topics covered, are
- Understanding the Eurodollar Money Market
- Swap Spreads and Interbank Hierarchy
- Dimensions in the Eurodollar Futures and Eurodollar Money Supply
- Why does the World Need So Many Dollars?
- How the Eurodollar market supplanted the Bretton Woods System
- S. Dollar and the Dollar Funding Gap
- Reflation Trade Debunked
- Interest Rates Trapped
- Failing Global Currency System